School Rules ---> Attendance and Punctuality
- Absence for reasons other than illness requires written application in advance by the parent/guardian. Such leave is normally discouraged by the school, as it is disruptive to the child’s educational programme.
- In case of illness, parents/guardians must inform the school immediately. For absence of more than 3 days, a doctor’s certificate, if required by the school, must be produced.
- Absence from school, for more than 5 days without notification by parents/guardians may result in the cancellation of admission.
- If the length or recurrence of absence is considered to seriously hamper the pupil’s progress, (s)he may be asked to be withdrawn.
- Children attend the Reception Class daily but have a flexible starting and finishing time. Please consult the school office for details.
- In all other classes, children must arrive before the registration period, which is usually of 15 minutes duration.
- Those arriving after the registration period has commenced, are marked late.
- After 3 latenesses in a month, a pupil arriving late in that month is not allowed in.
- The school gates close at the end of the registration period.
- Children in the Junior School (Reception – Class 4) are allowed in after the gates close, but the parents/guardians are required to explain their lateness to the Office.
- Pupils in Class 5 and above are not allowed in after the gates close.
- Pupils in the school may not leave the school premises without the Head’s knowledge and permission.
Collection After School
- Pupils must be collected not later than 15 minutes after the school closes.
- For Reception to Class 4, adults collecting a pupil must be in possession of the child’s ID card for identification purposes.